Thursday, October 16, 2008

Scare Me Please!

Photobucket

Woo Hoo! I am loving this Halloween season. Has anyone been to Thrillvania Thrill Park out in Terrell, Texas yet? It was selected by America Online as one of America’s top haunted houses and it is Awesome! My only regret is getting out there too late to see all the attractions. Now, knowing I had limited time I went straight for Verdun Manor. The tale behind it goes something like this. In 1901, Baron Michael Verdun, who is a psychopathic werewolf, and Lady Cassandra, his vampire wife, build a grotesque house on Voodoo Bayou where he conducts cruel experiments on travelers, turning them into human-animal hybrids. Those crazy Verduns, also loved throwing fiendish masquerades where they would serve human flesh to their guests. All the fun and games came to an end though, one stormy night, when an angry vigilante mob, set the house on fire and murdered the Baron and his wife. Before he died, Michael swore vengeance upon any who dared to enter his realm. Now, that’s an entertaining story to be sure but, I have to admit that I am not normally impressed by most haunted houses I visit. Maybe it’s because I’m older now and not as easily impressed by guys swinging a chainsaw at me anymore.lol I must say though that I have never been to one that put this much attention into the details before. They put a lot of work into that place. The bayou and graveyard leading up to the house are impressive. Just imagine, it’s cold and dark and the mist is so thick you can barely see in front of you and it seeps into your clothes after awhile. When you do finally get to the house it looks just like a haunted house is supposed to look like. Scary!lol Plus, it’s cool how they have flames that shoot out of the chimneys on the house. They even have a fountain out front that is full of blood and bones. It’s great. The only thing that put a damper on it, for me, was that there were too many people there. I don’t blame them a bit for wanting to be there but, it does make things a tad less scary when there are a truckload of people going through it with you. The actors still managed to scare the tar out of a few friends of mine though. That was hilarious! I’m such a nice friend right?lol Oh, I forgot to mention that they had a lot of well known scary movie characters representing throughout the grounds. My favorite one out there was pin head from, the movie, Hellraiser. His costume was awesome!

So that was my latest haunted adventure. I’d like to go to another one this weekend if at all possible. Does anyone have any recommendations? I’d love to hear them.

Ehrle's Party and Carnival Supply, Inc.

4 comments:

stephanie said...

Sorry I have no recommendations - I'm the biggest baby ever when it comes to haunted houses. No. Way. Ever.

You have extra fun for me, alright? :D

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer. said...

Haha okay. I'll do my best. :o)

Unknown said...

If you are in Orlando you have to check out Universal's Halloween Horror Nights. They own Halloween. However, if you find yourself in Tampa you need to check out Busch Gardens Howl-O Scream which some say is better than Universal's.

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer. said...

Hey thanks. I won't be able to go this year but, hopefully soon. I'll definately keep it in mind. :o)